10 Life Codes to Empowered Living©
1. Understand you are number one
Self-care precedes authentic nurturing of others.
· Taking care of #1 is necessary to taking care of #2, #3, #4, etc.
(example: air mask on airlines).
· One needs to be full to fill others.
2. Know your purpose
Open the sealed envelope you arrived with.
· Know thyself.
· Be something bigger than yourself.
· Know what moves you, what inspires you, what motivates you.
3. Live your truth uncompromisingly
Be uncompromising with your heart and soul.
· Compromising your truth is a form of slow death.
4. Be present
In being present is a ‘present’.
· The past is gone and the future is not here…all you have is now.
5. Participate with those who honour you
Rid yourself of debilitating relationships.
· Work and play with those who fill your cup.
· Avoid those who do not contribute to your wholeness.
6. Assume nothing, be ready for anything
Know the tint of your perceptions.
· Be cautious of your preconceptions.
· Remember, there are always two sides to every story.
7. Act…do not overreact
Be proactive and response-able.
· Reactive behaviour creates victim behaviour.
8. Live a life, not a lifestyle
Make the priority becoming more… not having more.
· Be a human being, not a ‘human doing’.
· Most have a lifestyle that has them.
9. Remember…the journey matters most
Stop and smell the roses…the journey IS life.
· The going there is as important as the getting there.
10.Give the gift of YOU
Because of you, we are more.
Jerry C Jonnson, PhD